Mummy's Morning Tea
Time & Location
About the Event
Support group for breastfeeding mummies is back! Space is limited to 5 mothers only so sign up quick. It is free of charge. We meet at SNUGGbaby on Sundays, at 10.00 am, for breastfeeding and babywearing support. We discuss any breastfeeding issues and give moral support to each other. Bring your own baby carrier for troubleshooting and share with other parents if you like.
Liza Yaakup is a certified babywearing consultant by Trageschule Dresden and studied with Porter, Simplement, also a breastfeeding peer counsellor trained under Malaysian Breastfeeding Peer Counsellor (MBfPC) also a member of KiSMA (Kinta Sihat Mama dan Anak - local kumpulan sokongan susu ibu). She will be conducting the sessions in Bahasa Melayu and English.
Who should attend?
- Breastfeeding mothers that need support from other mothers
- Expecting mothers that needs correct information on breastfeeding to prepare yourself and family
- No longer breastfeeding mothers that would like to share their experiences.
What do we do?
- We always start with an ice-breaking session
- We will pick a breastfeeding-related topic and we will go around the group for anything to share
- We will have Q&A
- We will discuss where to find reliable sources for breastfeeding information
- We can discuss any other topic if time permits.
Why support group?
- Even with lightning speed internet, mothers can feel lonely when facing the challenges of caring for the baby. The support group allows for a more intimate and sincere group discussion apart from making more friends in Ipoh!
When do we run the support groups?
- We aim to hold support group at least once a month. When we have a date, we will announce it on Facebook so mothers can sign up to join.
- This next one will be held on the 2nd of February 2020.
Where is it held?
- At the moment, we use SNUGGbaby studio to hold meet-ups. It is quite a tight space. However, if you would like to offer a space, or suggest a comfortable space for the meet-ups, we are very open to ideas!
So I hope to see you! If you have signed up but unable to show up, do inform us beforehand. We would like to prepare enough healthy snacks to go around. Fruits and drinks are provided (water and tea). You can bring food to share. Toys are available for young children to play with. You can invite friends via this event page.
- Tea for MeRM0RM00RM0